January 1, 2011 (This is re-post from a Facebook Note.) The Rosie with kettlebell image comes from here.
Happy New Year all! I usually don't make resolutions, but since I've started working out, I have the urge to set some specific goals for myself for this year. I think that these are achievable in a year's time.
Here they are:
1. One pull up. This will be so awesome! I have never ever been able to do a pull up. I remember in grade-school PE when we had to do some sort of fitness test and the boys did pull ups while the girls had to stand on a chair, be lifted into position to grip the bar and stay there --hanging-- while the chair was pulled away. I always tried to use my chin to hang on to the bar because my arms seemed pretty worthless. After about 3 long seconds my whole body would start shaking violently and I'd have to drop down in humiliation. My neck and chin would be sore for days.
2. Five real push ups -- no knees, no sagging beached-whalular midsection. (Yes. Whale-ul-ar.) Also, no collapsing/flopping on the floor in between. Five strong, well-formed, consecutive push ups.
3. Run 1 mile. I'm not looking to become a runner (a walk-runner yes), but I would like the stamina to run 1 mile.
4. Lose 20 lbs. This is a bit arbitrary and I am not really tied to numbers for my weight, but I want a tangible goal (rather than "make some room in my pants" or "decrease my badonka donk donk to a badonka donk") and this seems practical with loss of fat, gaining of muscle, etc.
5. Develop a daily meditation practice. I'm pretty sporadic with my meditating these days, but I want to make this a part of my daily routine.
So those are my goals! I've really been grateful for (and motivated by) the support I've gotten for my Bulldog adventures this past year. I hope that sharing this stuff might be inspiring for you all, too!

No comments:
Post a Comment