Whoa! I resurrected my blog. Recently I've been writing "notes" on Facebook about my adventures in working out at Bulldog Bootcamp and Crossfit. I've really enjoyed writing these entries (re-posted on this blog as well) and they have kept me motivated and focused on my goals. But I'm frustrated by the notes format and I've had this blog of sorts for some time. So the switch seemed obvious. And yet...
You might notice if you look back at some of the very oldest posts that someone named "Holly" signs off on the entries. I debated editing this out, but it kind of cracks me up. When I started the blog I did it under a pseudonym: my stripper name Holly MarVista. I felt a little embarrassed about writing about my weight struggles with full access by The Public. I'm still not quite sure how I feel about students and student-loan collectors reading about my lumpy thighs.
But the whole point of this blog is honesty, hopefully humility, and even accountability. I want to inspire and motivate others to see that if I can do this, so can you. And I also want to inspire and motivate myself by having an e-record of my struggles and progress. As I look back over my old posts, I see patterns of trouble spots and some realizations along the way -- and even some re-realizations. A lot of my earlier posts are centered on food. My focus now is on activity, on building strength and stamina; but I am also working on managing my pain and stress. I have frequent migraines and I tend to be a worrier and obsessive planner, which really doesn't help my fat or my head. Going to Bulldog and meditating are two things I've found so far that are helping.
So cheers to my new adventures in blogging openly. Drop me a line and let me know who is out there.
2 comments:
Yay you! xo Me
Yay! I'm here! Go, Tami!
Post a Comment