February 16, 2011 (This is re-post from a Facebook Note.)
Yes! Bulldog today! Warmed up with 250m row and then 20 squats, 5 sit ups, 15 squats, 10 sit ups, 10 squats, 15 sit ups, 5 squats, 20 sit ups. Squats are improving and I liked this warm up.
Then lifting complex: 5 reps (with pvc), 3 reps and 1 rep with 35 lb bar: hang snatch (yeah, yeah, 8th grade called and it wants your smirk back), overhead squat, back squat, good morning, row, and deadlift. The overhead stuff was trickier with a weighted bar, but I'm starting to get a better feel for good position, I think.
Then the workout -- for time, row 2,000 meters (=~1.24 miles). My time: 10:37.7. I actually really like rowing. After the timed row we did 10 false grip ring rows (and I did them! Way to go bird wrists!!) and then 10 bridges. Unfortunately, although I did get my lower parts up into a bridge-ish structure, the upper parts are still under construction. So Gio showed me an adjusted bridge where I came up more on my shoulders and didn't raise up on my arms. I held each one for 5 seconds, 10 times. It was hard, but it felt good.
Leaving Bulldog today I definitely felt like I am making progress and getting back into the swing of a routine. I'll be going back to Bulldog tomorrow. I haven't done workouts two days in a row, so we'll see how that goes tomorrow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment