Sunday, February 28, 2010

WeightWatchers' posts:

Monday, November 16, 2009

So far so good! I've been tracking even though I've consistently gone over my points -- but I'm pretty sure that's I've gone over less than I would have without tracking. Plus I did 10 minutes on the elliptical bright and very early this morning and fit in a short meditation session right after that. Hurray! This week *is* a little better than the last few weeks for sure.

Keepin' on keepin' on,

H
*****
Saturday, November 21, 2009
At my Wednesday night meeting, where I was up 1 pound (thank you PMS!), I started getting an itchy throat. The kind of itchy throat that makes you want to suck the back of your tongue up to the back of your throat and make disgusting sounds. That only happens when I'm getting sick. Rats! At least it's only a bad cold and not H1N1.

It's interesting that at some meetings, some of the larger losses come when someone has been sick. That never happens to me! When I get sick, I gain. I think it's from my childhood bouts with bronchitis and sinus infections -- almost constant in the winter. My mom would sneak into my room at night to refill the vaporizer (ah, Vicks!) and leave a glass of ginger ale and a pile of Ritz crackers next to my bed. Or, it's true, for a very bad cough she would give me a glass of brandy mixed with maple syrup. It worked -- I was out like a light with no hacking. So I associate being sick with special treats ... and hard liquor. Amazing how many empty calories there are in pop! But how soothing a glass of cold flat ginger ale can be when you wake up feeling miserable and alone at 3 am. I pick the pop over the points every time. I switched to reduced-fat Ritz crackers though. But I can't do diet pop -- it's just too sweet and not syrupy enough. I reserve the brandy only for a bad cough. :)

I'm feeling better today, but still taking it easy so this thing doesn't double back on me. I'm feeling well enough to dial back on the treats anyway. I'll work in some activity tomorrow for sure. Have to get moving before Thanksgiving!!

More soon!
H
****

No comments: