Sunday, February 28, 2010

Old WW post:
It was seven years ago today:

Tuesday, December 01, 2009
This morning I got a Happy Anniversary of Our First Kiss e-card from my hubby. He always remembers this stuff! So sweet! Seven years! I can't believe it has been seven years and when I think back to where I was then in my life it is painful yet inspiring. In a way, it was the best time of my life. I'd just completed walking the Portland Marathon in 6 hours. I'd lost 68 pounds with WeightWatchers. I was super confident, fit, healthy, in love with myself at last and falling in love with my now husband. And...

nursing an injury from the marathon and starting a new job, it was hard to keep up with my extreme exercise schedule. In love and wanting to spend every minute with my now hubby -- and embarrassed that a few pounds were creeping back on -- I started slacking on meetings. I thought I had the plan down and could do it on my own. I was just 2 pounds from my goal. 2 pounds! That is agonizing to me now, but I know now that I was doomed then. I was simultaneously amazed and glorious in my new body but letting it slip away +.8, +1, +2... My husband remembers me saying stuff like -- oh, I'll just have a taste of your ice cream, it's the first taste that's the best anyway. It seemed like I was in control. He brought me wine and cheese as night-time snacks. He meant well and it *was* so romantic...

more life happened ... family crises, migraines, more pounds, less exercise, moving in together, weddings (we had two!), challenges, tragedies, celebrations

seven years ago today everything seemed so new! I was never an athlete and I hadn't ever felt my body move so well or feel so light! I remember jumping around just to feel the lightness and stopping at full length mirrors to stare at my slim thighs.

Now I have been back at WeightWatchers for a little over a year. I know that I can remove the weight, but this time I am doing it with wisdom. I've been challenged with transitioning to this lifestyle over the past year and slowly slowly have removed 15 pounds. I am not at my 10% goal yet, but that's okay. These slow pounds are gone pounds. I know that I need to forgive myself for gaining the weight back, but also remember how I felt seven years ago. I still love myself -- for who I was then and for who I am now, coming back to WW and working every day to learn a new lifestyle and to be just a little bit better week by week...now with my husband's help.

No comments: