I was feeling a little restless after being cooped up with our taxes this afternoon, so I figured I'd enjoy our lovely Chicago weather and get outside. I decided to go back to one of the problem areas this past week at Bulldog -- jumping rope! We actually have a good jump rope with proper handles so I went out into the backyard and started up. I described my "technique" in an earlier post -- basically I was still stuck with the skills of a chubby third-grader: the one heavy, two-footed jump or the tra-la-la-la I'm skipping rope one foot at a time. Not the graceful boxer-in-training swoop-swooping the air and lightly tapping the toes on the ground. But as I kept jumping and trying to focus on what my body was doing and how the motion of the rope should come from my wrists and not my arms -- I started to get it! I got up to 15 jumps at a time (before I could do 3 or 4). I am so happy that I figured this out at last!
So I did 500 jumps total, then 50 sit-ups, then 5 pups, then 20 squats, then did a little bit with carrying around my kettlebell (my own kettlebell!! thanks, hubby!!) overhead and then like a suitcase; I finished with some stretching. Nice! My legs are still pretty wobbly from the jumping -- that means I have to keep on practicing!
Back to The Pound on Monday! Woof!


1 comment:
Eye of the tiger, bunny! xo me
Post a Comment