Friday, July 15, 2011

[Note: image from the awesome explodingdog.com site]
I did it! I made it to Bulldog three times this week. Each time it was hard, but one hundred percent worth the sweat and sore muscles. I worked on mostly the same stuff in each session: PUPs (front, side, back, other side, back, side, front planks); back planks with both legs; one-legged back planks; and on Wednesday and today I did one-legged box dips where I stand on a box with one leg, hang the other one off the side and touch 1st toe tip, then ball of foot, then mid foot, then whole foot to the floor without pushing off. (Not easy. Whole lotta shakin' goin' on.) Plus lots of stretching afterward.

Over the course of just this week, I've already gotten stronger. My PUPs are better and my one-legged back plank twitches are more like a lift on the right side. I've still got a ways to go, but it's so rewarding to be back at Bulldog, taking time for myself, and on my way back to matching my outer bad-ass with my inner bad-ass.

Thanks to Gio, everyone at Bulldog, and my FB friends for cheering me on and getting me through this first week! Special thanks to my hubby for his woohoos and back rubs. And thanks to the always-sunny Juanita for being always-sunny. Looking forward to more reps and more challenges next week. I'm stocked up on epsom salts and arnica, so bring it on!

1 comment:

jniimi said...

Congrats on your 1st week back!