Post #1
Here I am--completing Post #1. That could be it. I could go now. But, some news: official weight this a.m.: 230. Toppin the scales, livin large. Last night I felt lonely and pretty much self-sorry. But I watched myself. I watched myself want to order a stuffed pizza for a treat and I thought about that. How good it would feel to eat and eat and feel so full and sleepy. I watched and made pasta instead. Later I saw myself want to go to the store for something fun to drink -- Kahlua or margarita mix. I watched and waited. I distracted myself with a movie, a mini-bag of low-fat popcorn, and well, yes, two beers that I drank out of a wine glass (fun!). But all in all, better than the damage that would have been done. Better is a judgement, you caught that, clever faux reader? Yes. And one true reader knows there was more:
I am with-holding the small shake that I had for dessert.
Yes, I did. Okay. But still, I could have done so much more at the grocery store that is just a few steps away with it's 2 for 1 ice cream sale. So I'm going to keep watching. With kindness, yes. Without judgement, try, yes. You watch too, okay?
Oh, before I forget...the reward for four consecutive days of posting: 1 new sweet little plant for my desk.
Yours,
Holly
No comments:
Post a Comment