Saturday, January 21, 2006

Pretty good week, though I learned some things. I need to readjust the run/walk component of the workouts to be more walking and less running. My knees hurt quite a bit after Monday's workout. Tuesday it was not hard to walk 5 minutes! Wednesday I made it to the gym before work --at 7:00 a.m. It was not easy to get up that early, but I was happy that I did it. I did the eliptical machine for 25 minutes though to save my knees. Thursday I walked for 10 minutes. Today, however, I have a cold and might hold off until tomorrow to work out for 20 minutes.

Also today I went to a health/fitness class at 3 Pillars (www.3pillars.org) here in Hyde Park, Chicago. Although I have been in WeightWatchers and have been on numerous healthy diets, I found that I did get some good information and, mostly importantly, motivation! We discussed our plans to work on and will meet again in two weeks. My plans are to eat at least: 2 servings of fruit, 3 servings of vegetables, 2 servings of protein, 5 servings of starchy foods, 2 servings of dairy, and one treat every day. Also, stay hydrated. I also will try to exercise for half an hour every day (walking to work would be good). And I'll keep a food diary. I'd also like to try to be more aware of when I am hungry and when I am full and when I am eating when I am not hungry (and why)!

Should be an interesting two weeks!

More soon!

No comments: