So, awhile back I signed up to do The Biggest Loser race, which happens on Sunday. I was training, really, but then I started to get plantar fasciitis and I got sick and and and. But I'm still doing the race because it's a Biggest Loser race and the pace can be very slow. BUT it's a 15k. I'm kinda nervous. Is it bad to do a race I'm not really prepared for? I like training and then triumphantly doing the race. It kind of ruins that effect to just show up and do the race, probably pretty poorly. Like, fat Bacchus on a turtle poorly. But I still want to do it. I think I would feel worse if I just didn't go at all. Plus I paid for it. But I feel bad doing the race and implying that I trained or that I am somehow doing well with completing the race. It feels like I didn't earn it -- the medal at the end, the t-shirt, the banana. (Okay, maybe I'll earn the banana.) But does this feeling of unearnedness make sense?
I'm sure that I will really push myself to do my best. I will probably even push myself a little bit too hard. But what is that little doubt nugget that keeps poking me to feel like a loser (not in a good way)?
I have been taking my weekly Yoga for Weight Management class with Kim Wade. It is going really well! I'm learning about yoga and what my body can do, but I'm also learning about what I want and being more mindful about what I need. And I'm making new friends to boot! I can feel the change gears starting to slowly move again. I'm still figuring things out, but I'm pretty sure that will go on for a lifetime!
If you have any thoughts on racing without really training or you just want to wish me luck, that would be awesome!


4 comments:
Good luck honey!
Good luck, Tami! I loved your post. : )
(Oh, and jchicago2 (above) is 'Katie', not 'Jim'!)
Thanks J. and Katie!!
Post a Comment