Monday, June 24, 2013

I'm back and happy to report that last week I did indeed do a little bit better! Yay! I started following a fairly gentle walk/run (half marathon) plan designed by Jenny Hadfield and that went fine -- a little sloggy, but that's to be expected. I also was more active in general: I planted my veggies and flowers, mowed the backyard (with our delightful rotary push mower, aka "Pushy") and scraped and painted three sides of the trim on our garage. (Then a storm came up, so I'll have to do the fourth and final side when rain isn't in the forecast. Really. I will.)

I also went to an informational meeting for an upcoming yoga class: Yoga for Weight Management with Kim Wade. If you click on the link, there is a video about the class, just in case you're interested. I think it is going to be exactly what I need in my life right now. I've been wanting to try yoga to build strength and encourage more meditative, mind-body thinking, but this class will also incorporate some strategies for thinking about food and our relationship to it, as well as build a community for support. I can't wait for it to start (July 13th)!

This week I'm going to keep on keepin' on with my walk/run plan and turn also to meditating more often and eating better. I've made some improvements with my eating, but I still keep "treating myself" to stuff that doesn't get along so well with my body. (I'm looking at you, Haagen Dazs Rum Raisin.) I'm still thinking about setting more concrete goals, but right now just trying things out seems to be good. Let's see how meditation and "clean eating" go for this week!





No comments: